Thursday 1 January 2015

Well hello 2015!

2015 is going to be a year of many new beginnings for me.  My job was made redundant just before Christmas (Merry Christmas to me) so that means the job search begins again.  I really don't look forward to the prospect of job hunting in a small town again, it really isn't fun.  I will attempt to remain positive and see how I go.

Sticking with the theme of new beginnings;

First new thing for 2015 is *drum roll please* start a blog.  A blog on what?  That is still a bit of a work in progress, but I thought what better way to start off than with a post on new years resolutions (wow, first day of the new year and already 2 new things done!). 

Back Story:  I'm really not one for New Years Eve or Resolutions. Yes that might sound strange to some, yes I did go out last night (when your friend says "Mum just offered to babysit so we could go out for dinner" you can't really knock that back) but I was in pyjamas by 10:30pm and in bed asleep by the time midnight rolled around. 

Its not that I'm too old either, I really disliked it in my younger years too. I understood the concept while I was in school as the new year meant new beginnings with a new year of school (in Australia we go from Jan to Dec) but after I left school and was out "in the real world" I just couldn't get into it. I do usually enjoy myself whatever I'm doing, I just don't get what the fuss is about or why this night out is so different to others (enlighten me if you do, maybe I'm just looking at it wrong!)

So, back to New Years Resolutions.  Like I said I'm not usually one for resolutions, usually because I'm not so great at thinking them up (or the whole following them through thing).  But then I came across a blog and, well, I got inspired.

Hitha on the Go has a great list, she even has a printable version (I think I will print it out and keep it in my diary, note to self, use diary).

Then I thought, I wonder what else is out there? So I consulted my old friend Mr Google.

The Wilderness Society has one here.  I like it, simple, do-able and something that will make me get out and about (anyone else guilty of not going outside enough?  In my defence I am a redhead so anything outside comes with its own dangers).

Any other Fat Mum Slim Photo A Day people out there?  Not really a resolution but, something new and interesting to try.  Check out the lists here.  I've done it a couple of times before, it is challenging but also fun.

I haven't quite finished my resolution list yet, (hey, I did say that it has been awhile since I had one, give me time!) I promise to complete it and will post an update later!

PS If you have any suggestions or have stumbled across some good websites with resolution tips please let me know!





No comments:

Post a Comment