Tuesday 6 January 2015

My 2015 Reading Challenge

2015 aka Year of the New, in this case, new books to read!

Back when I was drafting my 2015 New Years Resolutions list, I came across the 2015 Reading Challenge from Popsugar. I love being transported to a different time and place to meet fabulous new people, even if it is only in my head and yes, I will admit to that feeling of complete loss when finishing a really good book, how will I go on with my life without you?!  I originally thought that reading isn't really a challenge for me, this should be easy.... then I looked at the list and thought that it will definitely take me out of my reading comfort zone.

I may need help with the romance books as they're not typically a topic that I read (yeah I'm pretty much a sci fi/fantasy kinda gal).  Might have to come back to this article "12 Romance Books for People Who Hate Romance Novels" or I could use the Goodreads flowchart that I found on pinterest  There is definitely no shortage of books that have become movies lately so that won't be an issue.  This article could be helpful for the thrillers.  I may need someone to hold my hand while I'm reading, not into scaring myself. 

I'm getting ahead of myself though.  Perhaps I should just take it one book at a time, from the top so that I don't confuse myself.

First book challenge: "A book with more than 500 pages".  I have "Magician's End" by Raymond E. Feist that comes in at 638 pages waiting for me.  I'm a Feist fan, I have been reading this series for years and feel very comfortable within the pages.

Feel free to join me, comment with your first book choice if you do.

Claire....

No comments:

Post a Comment